Zebras are one of the most decisive animals.
Everything is black or white. No grey areas.
Indecision leads to elevated levels of stress.
Why can’t humans be like Zebras?
Several things stop us humans from being decisive.
Each of them has a solution.
• Lacking effective decision-making skills
• Lack of confidence or lack of faith in oneself
• Insufficient or excessive information
• Conflict among group members
• Attempting to make a single, large decision that may, and most likely
should, be divided into several smaller decisions
• Responsibility level – you could hesitate to make a decision if it has an
impact on others and has repercussions.
• Fear of making a mistake or making the wrong decision
• Having a strong emotional attachment to a result that defies logic
• Conflict with our particular priorities or values
• Organisational or social restrictions
• Avoiding picking winners and losers
Which of these usually stops you from making any type of decision?
Which of these stops you the most from getting the outcomes you want?
If you want help sorting out your zebra stress…please click here and set up a free 30 minute meeting and I’ll tell you if I can help.
Here’s to mastering your stress.
The Stress Master
About Ches Moulton, The Stress Master
Ches Moulton, a certified stress management consultant, is the UK’s leading authority on stress management.
His career has spanned more than 25 years, during which time he has been a much sought-after executive coach, psychotherapist, and trainer. His most recent work has focused on helping those with elevated levels of stress overcome their problems and enjoy productive lives, free from both the physical and mental consequences of chronic stress.
During his time as a business performance consultant, Ches has served as an advisor to both private businesses and government in Canada, the Caribbean, United Kingdom, Africa and the Middle East. He is the author of ‘How to get control of your stress instead of stress controlling you’, and the international best-seller ‘Choice and Change – How to Have a Healthy Relationship with Ourself and Others’.
For more information…including video’s, resources to download and an opportunity to join Ches
when he is live…please visit him at thestressmaster.com